Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"There is a time for everything..."

"...and a season for every activity under heaven;...He has made everything beautiful in its time..."Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11...

I saw my oncologist today and he said I was "pretty beaten up" and we would go about another month without any chemo, have a CT and start another possible new combination of drugs...taxitere and a new one, creating an experimental. That month off plus the five weeks so far might bring me back to normal. I am going to lose all my fingernails, but maybe by March 1, I will have normal skin back...I sure hope so. My hair???I don't look for it to return for a long time!

Maybe I will gain back some energy, because I have been tired more than usual this last month. I hate to give up on a chemo that we think was doing away with some of the cancer, but there is also the fairly normal life to be lived as long as possible.
John and I want to live this beautiful life with family and friends as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment