Sunday, February 20, 2011

"...you may have peace..."

John 16:33 Jesus says "...in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

After church, John and I went to a Vanderbilt basketball game today and sat next to the nicest family from Alabama. We really enjoyed talking (when we were not ranting at the unfair referees) and realized that this world is not fair, and there is trouble. This was called the "PINK OUT" game and all cancer survivors went down on the floor and lined up to have the players run through two rows of us onto the floor. The people I talked to near me, were truly survivors and cancer-free. I would love to be able to say "I am cancer free" and maybe some day I can.

The more time I spend away from chemo the more I would dread going back on it. I guess when I have a CT, we will decide what is next. It has been Six weeks since I had a treatment and I have suffered more from that treatment than any I have ever had (maybe) and the results are still going on. I wonder how long it takes for your nails to totally fall off? I see my oncologist March 1 and I am sure he will have options for what is next. Meantime, I will enjoy life and have the peace that only God can give. I know I am in His total care.

No comments:

Post a Comment