Monday, February 14, 2011

"Put your hope in God..."

"My soul is downcast within me;...by day the Lord directs His love, by night His song is within me--a prayer to the God of my life.....Why are you downcast, O my soul? ...Put your hope in God, and I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." From Psalm 42, part of verses 6, 8, and 11.

I had to have extra blood work today to check on my kidney function...this chemo I just quit has damaged a lot of me! But I am pretty sure all was ok as the nurse did not call me tonight. The blood last week showed some irregularity, so they had to see if I was back to normal. I have about another month off and see if I can recover. Still rash and itching, and nails about to fall off--they look horrible, kind of a Halloween type thing!

John and I are anxious to get into our tiny 8 foot garden! It is almost time to plant potatoes. We can put maybe a dozen and when they are big, put out green beans in between the potato plants. The old farmer's almanac said to plant potatoes the end of February on the dark of the moon. Root plants (under ground growing) go in the dark...a new moon... and above ground plants are planted in the light of the moon....a full moon. We can put maybe 3 tomatoes in the flower bed. Not much but it beats nothing. I have a small flower garden area that I want to have herbs in there. I have a few flowers started from small pieces friends gave me last fall, so I am anxious to see if the plants survived and what they will look like. We brought blackberry roots with us and last fall it looked like we might have four blackberry bushes this year.

This hope of spring and getting in the yard and digging and having gardens is part of what keeps me going. I get excited about the newness of flowers and just cannot imagine "giving up". God is blessing us and me particularly and we are thankful! We daily have our "hope in Him".

No comments:

Post a Comment