Saturday, February 26, 2011

"...He does our praying in and for us..."

Romans 8:26 (THE MESSAGE) ..."God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sigh, our aching groans..."

One day recently several friends came for brunch and we talked and talked, among other things about chicken feed sacks. I think I have talked about this before, how Grandma saved the cloth feed sacks from her chicken feed and made garments from these sacks. My friends all told of how their mothers used the sacks for dish towels, for table cloths, dresses, and many things. I had used napkins Grandma made from feed sacks for the brunch and these brought back many memories from everyone. If you go to up-scale kitchen stores, they have the white "feed sack" type fabric dish towels and they cost more than other fabric cloths.

I see my oncologist in 2 days and am curious as to what he will plan for me. I cannot do chemo again any time soon. I just cannot put poison into my body that is still damaged so badly from the last "poison". This chemo turned out to be the harshest I have had except for the first one which was the "killer". I have not lost my nails but they are very sad looking!!! I have been on chemo for five years almost continually and I am very tired of it! So maybe a rest for a few months...maybe...I really feel guided by God and I will know what is the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment