Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Come to me, all ye who are weary and burdened..."

Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus gives peace for those in need, in many ways... "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I saw many people today who were seeking rest "for their souls" and ever hopeful seeking a cure. We never give up wanting to find that cure! My oncologist today was even more excited about this chemo. He has been to seminars in Germany and New York this past week and everyone is feeling encouraged. I was there for 12 hours today, had a heart echo (doing OK), the infusion chemo (white cells were good) and kept going on the daily pill chemo. I have to go early tomorrow for a white cell shot (I never can remember the correct name). The long time is to obtain hourly blood to see how my body reacts to the chemo. The last draw was 7:23 pm then we came home!

I had many blessings today! My husband was willing to sit there all day and be so bored just to be with me! The doctors and nurses were so comforting and energetic, even though rushed so much trying to cram five days work into three days due to Thanksgiving holiday. They just do any thing to work out schedules for us if there is a conflict. They made a possible bad day into pretty good by their attitudes. I am ever thankful for prayers of family and friends. Every time I talk to someone they remind me of praying for me.

We will be so blessed to spend thanksgiving day with our granddaughter and her husband, and three greats. Then we will see a grandson and his wife the next day. No greater blessings than those. Give your burdens to God and have a blessed Thanksgiving Day! Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Bev and John,
    A blessed and wonder-filled Thanksgiving to you and your family. We stayed home and I actually put together Thanksgiving dinner - miniaturized. The dogs are a...sleep beside me.
    We had a surprise snowfall. Delightful. It's sunny, but very cold today.
    A perfect Thanksgiving....I pray God has blessed your day with the same gifts. We have so much to be thankful for - I know you feel the same.
    love and best wishes,
    kathryn

    ReplyDelete