Monday, November 8, 2010

"We [are] like sheep..."

"We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him, the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6

I think cold weather reminds us of biscuits---and molasses! Our granddaughter asked for my biscuit recipe..it is a little different from hers and she remembers eating my biscuits. A grandson also told his little girl about how I showed them to mix butter and molasses together to eat it on a biscuit. My grandpa showed me how to do that. Isn't family tradition wonderful! And nothing is much better than molasses and butter mixed and put on biscuits. (This is sorghum molasses, made from sugar cane) You can go to "craft fairs" in the fall and see mules tied to a circle and grinding the cane, then someone will put this green liquid into a large pot, boil it and it turns brown and makes this sorghum. When we had the B@B and I served sorghum, anyone from up north usually did not like this, and one man said "it looks like crank case oil"...they just did not know what they were missing. One man one time (northerner) said "what is a grit?" He was asking about grits for breakfast and had no idea what it was.
The grandchildren used to sit up on our butcher block and help roll out the biscuits. Aren't memories wonderful! Now they all are teaching their children how to make biscuits. I have some sorghum so guess I need to make some biscuits.

I love reading the book of Isaiah, especially the verses that describe Jesus' suffering and loving us.

Tomorrow is CT day--I am anxious to hear results. I can feel God's healing and answered prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment