Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"...we are being renewed..."

As we get excited about going to our granddaughter's for Thanksgiving, I think about two of the "great"s names..one we will visit, and another one also, are named after one of my great grandmothers'. I have mentioned her before, not by name...she was Emmeline Chandler (maiden name). Her mother and her mother's first husband were married before the Civil War and he was killed during that war. All his brothers were also killed except one, and that one came home and married the widowed sister-in-law (like in the Bible!) Their first child was Emmeline. She grew up in southern Tennessee, and married my Daddy's grandfather. I have told about her before, how she went to Texas and back in a covered waggon, and I have a quilt she made. She died when I was about five years old, and I can remember her and a daughter living in a dog-trot cabin. She let me take a nap in a feather bed. I have a picture of Emmeline with my Grandmother, Mama and me when I was a baby. We had a family reunion down in the country several years ago and we met in a church the family had given land for. We also went by the log cabin Emmeline's parents lived in..her Father's name was Benjamin.I love knowing about family history. I will tell about another great grandmother another time.

This was a good day, health-wise, my hands are better, so apparently, the chemo-infusion is the part that affects my hands. It also does the bad taste to food, and that is better today. I get another infusion next Tuesday. I still have sore places on my face and arms, not like acne, but kind of..so this much come from the daily chemo pill. I pray it is killing the cancer!

II Corinthians 4:16..."Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." I also pray that my faith and spiritual strength is renewed every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment