Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"...You will fill me with joy..."

"You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in your presence, and eternal pleasures at Your right hand." Psalm 16:11 This is another beautiful psalm that is a song of praise, both in the Bible and in a song today.

Today was quite a day, an eight hour day...blood draws, then steroid infusion, then chemo, white cell shot (even though it is up to normal!!!). Last of all, I got my flu shot. I feel very full of all meds and because of steroids, not sleepy at all. I also started the chemo daily pill again.

John's eye is better, and if he had to hurt one eye, thank goodness it was his bad eye. He is using eye salve four times a day and the pain is about gone.

Today was our 58 wedding anniversary and there was really no celebrating, but we are leaving for a little trip tomorrow and that will be our celebration. We are going to Florida for four days and really looking forward to being restful and walking on the beach. I hope that atmosphere will help my painful knees and hands, arthritis like pains from the chemo. My cracked fingers are better but I wonder if that will reoccur with the chemo again today. My doctor was very encouraging and just knows this chemo is the "right one"! I pray he is right. Anyway, I will be joyful and looking for good things each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment