Saturday, November 27, 2010

"Wives, submit to your husbands..."

"Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them." Colossians 3:18-19 John wanted to go to a ball game today. I wanted to stay here and do several things I --just wanted to be here. We went to the ball game. For one thing, his lack of sight scares me when he goes uptown alone, so I usually go along. Then the game was good, and our team won. I also thought, this is a blessing that my husband wants me to go with him to a ballgame. This is a blessing that he enjoys spending time with me. As I was looking for a Bible passage to read tonight, I came upon this one about husbands and wives. I always have trouble with the submission part. Do you ever wonder why God said for wives to "submit" and for husbands to "love"???I guess one follows the other.

My fingers are cracking open again. It seems they get well then here that comes again. You would think if they heal up they would stay healed up.

We love this season, the decorations, the cooking, the excitement of gifts, even if you don't buy as many as you used to. All of our friends (and we) decided we do not need any more gift things so we just get together and don't do the gifts any more. I miss that because it was fun to pick out certain things for certain friends but we are getting rid of things now, not stacking up more! So that time of life is past, when you add to collections. So the Christmas music, the lovely decorations and getting together with friends and family are plenty for now.

1 comment:

  1. Beverly, I know that probably the reason my hands crack open is a different reason than yours do, but I use Corn Huskers Lotion and that really does help. Just thought I would throw that idea out.

    Ann Napier

    ReplyDelete