Thursday, November 18, 2010

"I cry aloud to the Lord..."

One of my oldest dear friend's daughter (who was 45) was found dead this morning and this has been a sad day. The timing always seems wrong when a child dies before the parents. I can share the sorrow she feels, having lost a child.

God tells Jeremiah in 1:5, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." and Psalm 142:1 says "I cry aloud to the Lord; I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy..." and with God's help we get through whatever life holds for us.

One of my grandmother's (Daddy's mother) had a grandmother who was Cherokee. Her English name was Katherine Black. I would love to know what her Cherokee name was. I also wish I had the nerve to mark the little block that says "other" when you have to tell what "race" you are. I don't think that is really enough genes for me to be called "American Indian". However I do love the mountains!

There has not been very much side effects this week, but some ankle swelling,for which has never been found a reason! A friend brought me some hand cream which may be just the thing for these cracked fingers. Food taste got bad again today--why does it get better then worse? Tomorrow has to be a better day!I am praying for so many people and for so many situations. Our cousins who are missionaries in Turkey are home for a while (in Missouri) and we pray for their continued safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment