Sunday, November 7, 2010

"You have set your glory above the heavens..."

Well John and I had a wonderful cold time at the beach! But, we were together, we ate good seafood, we walked (which he cannot do here on our hills), and we "hung out". One of the evenings as we were finishing dinner, the waitress asked if "you want your check or just hang out for a while?" John said, to me, "what is hanging out?" (My wonderful husband does not always catch on to younger ways of talking or acting) I told him for us to just sit and talk, etc....and he said we always do that, but he did not know that is what "hanging out" meant! We had a good laugh over that. Because there was a cold wind this week at the beach, we did do alot of hanging out in stores, especially book stores, and everyday we would laugh about hanging out!

I had some reactions to the chemo on last Tuesday--sore teeth, some breaking out on my face and arms, some nausea...all expected but nothing bad enough to keep me from having fun. Our son and daughter in law came and spent two days with us and we had a great time just sitting and talking. Our place we stayed was overlooking the ocean and the water was incredibly beautiful--all green, blue, dark blue, waves, just made you want to run and jump in! So we sat in the sun and looked at the water and dreamed of warmer days when we would have run out and jumped right in!

Psalm 8:1-6-8... says, "O, Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens....You have made [man] ruler over the works of your hands...the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the sea..."

Seeing all this beauty reminded me always of God's wondrous being and man's being here to enjoy all God has made. I am renewed and amazed at how God is taking care of me, and my being alive. This Tuesday I have a CT (unexpected) amd it will be exciting to see what it shows. John and I are so blessed and thankful, each day, as we start our 59th year together.

No comments:

Post a Comment