Friday, November 26, 2010

"...a crown to the aged..."

We are home and had a really great time at our grand daughter's and grandson in law... and the three boys! "Hyperactive Lu" is her blog and there are lots of pictures there. The oldest (nearly 6) asked me to climb his tree so I did--up about six feet off the ground. He asked me "how OLD are you?" I told him and he seemed not surprised (76) and said "OK that means you were 75 last year." I told him I climbed trees until I was 65 (when we took the grandchildren camping) so I guess I will have to revise my claim! What a treat to be with great grandchildren, and their being able to have fun with us and remember us when we are gone. John pushed their motorized car to get it going and they loved that. I love this verse in Proverbs, 17:6 "Children's children are a crown to the aged..." and that is so true. What joy.

In being aware of things to be thankful for, we had to go to the clinic to get me a shot as we left town Wednesday. The nurses were there bright and early to accommodate us as we were on our way. They are always so cheerful in such a strenuous job and in an atmosphere of pain and sadness sometimes.

Once when we stopped to change drivers at an exit, a young man stopped and asked if we were OK or needed help. What a nice thing for him to do.

We had dinner with another grandson and his wife and what another treat to be with the family we love so much.

Happy day after thanksgiving to everyone. I could not enjoy the food very much because my taste is not good, and this seems to be the worst of the side effects in this chemo. I make myself eat because I have to! But it sure does not mean much!

No comments:

Post a Comment