Saturday, November 20, 2010

"...the secret of being content---"

Philippians 4:12-13 tells us "---I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation---I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Today was my birthday and I have had a wonderful day! I had about 50 face book birthday greetings and over 20 cards sent. I cannot imagine anyone being this blessed! A grandson and our "great" came by, and all our grandchildren either called or emailed. I enjoyed the last of the wonderful warm days. They have got to end soon, and no more 70+ days. I got out some of the Christmas decorations and our son in law has to reach the rest for me. We got rid of so much when we moved but I kept as many Christmas things as I thought we could use. This is almost my favorite time of year, I love the decorating the house, cooking, having friends over, and even though my scale is smaller most of the time, we can use our daughter's part of the house sometimes and have larger groups.

I am still having the swollen feet and hands, and the cracked open fingers. I will go to the doctor on Tuesday and it will be interesting to see how they will want to handle this. Food tastes worse then ever and I may lose the weight I had gained back. Well we will see...meantime, I will be content!

No comments:

Post a Comment