Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Shout for joy..."

Psalm 100:1-3 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Know ye that the Lord, He, is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture."

Since it is nearly Thanksgiving Day, I decided I would be especially noticing and thankful for everything in my life. I should do this every day, but you know how life's busy-ness creeps in and keeps us (me) from being aware of each blessing and each wonderful happening each day.

Today, Sunday, had many blessings: friends at church, many asking how I am doing, many hugs (I will hug until the blood levels get low again or they tell me not to), still more belated birthday wishes, a young boy brought me his all day sucker from Sunday School and gave it to me for my birthday! He is a handsome young man of 7 years old and that meant alot! My sister came to church with us today and we had lunch out for her birthday (we are both November babies). Our "great" was here part of the day, and any time I am with her is a blessing. Our daughter and I did some yard work, and some decorating for Christmas. Being with her part of the day was a blessing. John and I are going to a grand daughter's for Thanksgiving and when we get home, it will be almost Christmas!

Oh my, how many blessings, without hardly trying to think of them! As far as chemo effects, same old, same old......but I really don't feel bad, just the ankle and hand swelling and the food taste are the worst things. But, a blessing that I can have treatment and look for a cure. God is good, "shout for joy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment