Monday, July 12, 2010

"The earth is the Lord's..."

"...and everything in it, the world and all who live in it; for He founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters." Psalms 24:1-2
In the 70's, our older son and his wife were in the army and living in Ansbach, Germany. John and I, our daughter and my parents went to see them flying into Frankfurt where they met us. We stayed with them a few days, then Mama and Daddy went to France, England and Scotland. John, Cathy and I went all through Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain and France, Belgium and back to Germany. Our plan was to all meet at the Rhine River in Hamburg Germany on a certain day. Incredibly, coming from all these places, on trains and ferries, and cars, we met at the time we had planned, and no one had a cell phone then!!!
We had Euro rail passes and just without reservations, got on the off the train and found hotels and places to stay. It was a very special trip. A few highlights were going to see the Matterhorn and Salsburg, Austria and riding the Orient Express from Paris to Vienna.(I saw in a book, this is one of the things you ought to do before you die). Our son went a few days with us to Italy and the French Rivera, even getting to swim in the Mediterranean Sea.
The places we have seen on this earth are incredible, many more to tell about!
Today was a 13 hour day from start to finish. The meds they gave me first were to protect my body from the chemo (cannot remember what it is) and they make me sleep much of the next four hours. The blood work was good, My oncologist thinks this is going to do very well. I guess over all the few side effects I have are not that bad--nausea and diarrhea--no pain anywhere, just tired more than usual.
I hear such horror stories of others who suffer so much. I feel very blessed to be doing this well.
Please pray for our friend Gene in Florida. He has gone through radiation and chemo that has nearly killed him and hopefully his surgery (finally) will be the 21st. He has the esophageal cancer and oh now we pray the surgery will remove it all! Prayers for all our friends who suffer from this epidemic of cancer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment