Sunday, July 11, 2010

"...what is unseen is eternal..."

I just read a blog from a friend of our son and daughter in law in Augusta. This lovely and wonderful lady has colon cancer and is handling her passage with such grace! She is refreshing even in the throes of pain and illness and horrible side effects! God does that for each of us. II Corinthians 4:16-18 says "Therefore we do not lose heart. Although outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all....For what is see is temporary but what is unseen is eternal."
One of our friends at church, a coach, has melanoma, hopefully all is gone, but today, he had tears during songs..touched in his heart, aware of his mortality!
I hope when I tell about what I am doing and/or going through, I might seem like I am whining...I pray I am not! I hate whining! I am trying to factually tell what it is like to have cancer, take chemo, be stuck for blood work, and all the "joys" of being not well.
So tomorrow is my second chemo of this cycle of four. John does not go with me on these long days...I am there for 12 hours usually and he is just sitting there! I take embroidery, books, watch TV a little, take naps, and all that good stuff. Since John cannot read well anymore, he really is bored just sitting all that time. He is enjoying his reading machine we got last week. He can place a book or magazine under it and read at various strengths of reading power. How wonderful to give him back his ability to see better!
As always we pray for all the sick and for God to help us each day, keeping us alive for His purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment