Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Praise be to {our} God and Father..."

I was reading my grand daughter's blog and she was talking about raising three boys, with lots of hollering going on...Boy do I remember that! She is wanting to quit and be more of an example for them. I used to scream at my children. One day I had "an epiphefamy" and decided I would not do that again. I won't say I was cured but I did slow down on the way I approached the things that kids do!...I was much older than my grand daughter is, and my three were older than hers so she is further along than I was at this decision. She is much more dedicated than I was ...I hope my "children" only remember the good things!!!
I have been thinking about Grandma's biscuit board. She had a wooden kitchen cabinet with the door you open at the top and a sifter that slid out. She kept a "starter" of biscuits in the refrigerator and the flour in that sifter. She would get out the starter, add more flour, more lard and buttermilk and they had these just about every day for breakfast. When she came to live at Mama's I got the board that came off the cabinet and treasured this. I guess you know I let this biscuit board go in the sale. I could cry---but it was one more thing and I really did not need it. I have a butcher block and use it every day for something. I make biscuits and pie crusts on it. So it was the sentiment, one more thing to find room for, and I have more than enough of these "one more things"...I hope whoever has it treasures it and maybe their biscuits will turn out like hers.
II Corinthians 1:3-4 ..."Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort., who comforts us in our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God..."

No comments:

Post a Comment