Friday, July 23, 2010

Love your neighbor...

James 2: "If you really keep the royal law found in scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself" you are doing right."
It is difficult to love your relatives sometimes, let alone your neighbor! But this simple idea would surely change a lot of neighborhoods.
I have had fever and chills, aches and nausea for the past 4-5 days. I surely hope this does not increase as I take chemo #3 on Monday.
We have been very busy and I just HAVE to keep going. If I quit, I am afraid I won't start up again. Friends from Florida have been in Nashville and we have had more fun with this family.
We met them 20 years ago when they were newlyweds and they stayed at our B&B. Their two teenagers are so smart and lively. The daughter , visiting the Ryman, made some demo Cd's and it gave me chills, it was so beautiful! She sang "Amazing Grace" and she was going back today to sing another song on a CD...Listen up, your talent scouts!
Our other friends from Florida, Gene and family...his surgery came through wonderfully and I cannot wait to hear more! His wife said "We have an awesome God!"
I was looking around our bedroom and I placed an old quilt on top of a cabinet (EVERYTHING is on top of something since we don/t have a lot of storage) This quilt is a very old red, cream, and blue, it has to be at least 100 years old. My great-great grandmother made it, the story tells, as she rode in a covered wagon going to Texas. I think the pattern is "churns". When we had the B&B, this quilt hung on the cabin wall. I love to think of her going through these adventures. She is the one who (after her husband died in the Civil War), married the one remaining brother. This is like in the Bible, and all the brothers died except one. One of their children was my great grandmother who lived in the dog-trot cabin and died when I was 6 years old.
Family and neighbors and friends, lots of people to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment