Friday, July 2, 2010

"Therefore...clothe youself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience..."

Can we be patient, gentle, compassionate and kind???Colossians 3 says we should. John says I am not so gentle and kind when I don't feel good. I have been nauseated for three days now and this was not supposed to happen...this is the "chemo without many side effects" so to speak! Well, I guess I am just the one to go against the odds!
Our daughter and son-in-law are on a much needed and much deserved trip and John and I are house and grand-dog sitting. Fudge, the old chocolate lab, is missing them so much. She comes and gets between me and the cabinets or under the sewing machine if I am sewing. Part of it is the Fourth fireworks going off and they really upset her.
I pray we can really appreciate our independence and what the Fourth of July really means to us as christians and as Americans. No where else in the world has the freedom and advantages we have in this country and I pray we never lose that.
Maybe tomorrow will be a better day...Where would we be without hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment