Saturday, July 10, 2010

"We wait in hope for the Lord..."

Today, seven of our old "camping" friends came over for lunch. We used to be 12 (counting us) and years ago, I bought these beautiful Caribbean looking glasses to use when we are together here. You notice I said "seven" (plus us, equals nine). We are missing three friends and it hurts so much. Nothing can ever replace these old friends. One friend who has about 70 photo albums is taking them apart and giving some pictures away if they apply to each of us. She is down to having only about 50 now!! I think she is wondering what she would do with all these if they went to a condo.Some of the ones she gave me are from the 50's on up to whenever. Wow we looked young back then!
I visited my 93 year old friend yesterday (who lived next to us a year or so ago) and she was telling me how two of her oldest and best friends died in the last several months. She misses them so much and no one can replace the friends you made "across the garden fence watching your children playing together.
I have told you about the oldest friend in the "camping bunch", he is 93 also. Oh how we love our friends. We "know where all the bones are buried" and love each other anyway!
Psalms 33:20-22 comforts us when we are lonely, "We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you."
This afternoon, I got nauseated again -for no reason - and had a fever tonight! This chemo may not be for me! But what if it is "working"? I have just got to try it if it's doing what it should. As always, I am totally in God's hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment