Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Praise the Lord..."

"Praise the Lord, O my soul. I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to the Lord as long as I live." Psalm 146:1-2
When we came to Capernaum, it felt "familiar"...the old tile was there in a temple floor from the time of the disciple's and Jesus. The foundation of Peter's home was still there next to the Sea of Galilee. All this was just below the hills that surrounds the Sea there and the site of the sermon on the mount. The acoustics there are perfect and you can be anywhere in the town and hear what is said on the hills. We crossed the Sea in a boat not much larger than the disciple's boats. We went over to "the other side" near where the "crazy young many" was healed and the pigs ran off into the sea. The Bible does so come alive even more when you can see the places you read about!
I think my favorite place in all of Jerusalem was sitting on the worn steps of the remains of the old temple and running my hands over the steps and knowing Jesus walked up those steps!
Of course every time I think of another location, I think that is my favorite memory also!
Today was a good day, the chemo will hit in a day or so. We worked in the yard, planting bushes, flowers and making the landscaping come back to being pretty. The builders really tore up the yard! I hope the gall stone holds off for a long time before it acts up again!I went in to the clinic for blood draws, EKG and ran into one of my doctors. This one is fairly new there and she is very young and attentive. All the staff there is so special. Anyway, she was concerned about the gall stone and hoping it will "lay low" for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment