Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The fruits of the Spirit...

Several blogs I read emphasize these verses, and a friend at church and my thoughts turning to this passage, must mean something...maybe I need to be aware of having more of these characteristics. Galatians 5:22-23..."But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control..." God knows that if we have these, there would not be need of much else... When I am on chemo, I am afraid I am not very much all of these..John handles it very well though.
Today I was the "energizer bunny"!!! I woke up at 4 am, watched TV, read, cooked a big breakfast about 7, made banana bread, went to the basement and opened 6 more boxes from moving..then ran errands, here at 11:30 at night, I really need to go to sleep! These steroids do this number on me!Maybe tomorrow I will be back to normal.
Back to the first trip to Europe, we rode the cable car up to the mountain across from the Matterhorn and rode the cog train down. The cable car swung hundreds of feet out from the mountain and we felt like we were in a James Bond movie. It was very cold up there and Mama was so funny in her thick yellow knee socks and red coat! She and Daddy were about 10 years younger than I am now, but they seemed much older, from my perspective then. As we carried all we had everywhere we went, they really did very well. Of course Mama only carried a small case and Daddy had three suitcases, we laughed when we got home about his having one in each hand and another around his neck! As we came off the mountain, we saw people hang gliding (never had seen that before) and it was foggy up high and they just stepped out into space and could not see anything except the fog. As we got lower, we could see them sailing in circles going toward the ground. What fun! But very scary!
As I pray for my friends who have cancer, and other situations that I think are worse than cancer, I pray for patience, and kindness especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment