Thursday, July 8, 2010

"search me, O God..."

"...and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalms 139: 23-24
As you know this is one of my favorite Bible chapters. I love the part when God says "He knows us before we are born."
A friend is coming tomorrow to teach me how to crochet! I used to do a little but have forgotten how. When I sold my loom, the precious lady who bought it, sent me a "prayer shawl" made by someone is New England (where this particular idea was started). You crochet this shawl and you cannot sell it--you give it to someone with cancer and pray for them. This is such a wonderfully caring idea and it seemed like something I could do when I am at a 12-14 hour chemo day. So I will learn tomorrow how to do this. I always thought I would learn to knit and crochet when I got old...maybe it is time??? Today was less nausea so finally some relief from that! I have three days before the chemo on next Monday so three days beats none!!! The extreme heat is keeping us from gardening so I am looking forward to this fall and getting back into flowers! I have an area I can use in our son-in-law's yard and I can't wait! I miss my flowers and will enjoy that again.
So many people with illnesses and so many to pray for.Please God, bless those who are sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment