Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Be joyful always..."

"pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."I Thessalonians 5:16-18
This is a tough commandment, giving thanks in circumstances like cancer! I have wrestled with this, and come up with the feelings that I can give thanks for this because it makes me closer to God, I pray more,and friends say they are praying for me. So I guess I can be thankful that many of us are being better , more inspired as Jesus followers and more dependent on living in God's way.
This was chemo day, my oncologist was very positive as to his feelings that this is working. He said "you look too good for it to not be working" which made me feel very good. I have slept a lot today from the benedril they give first. This is not a bad day and the bad days come maybe tomorrow and the next 5-6 days. That is when the nausea and fevers and sweats come. Well, I am alive and thankful for that, and trying to "be joyful" every day.
John and I go to his heart doctor tomorrow and schedule a new battery for his pacemaker. Needless to say, John is not too thrilled about this. We will find out tomorrow! Praise be to God in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment