Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"The Lord is my portion..."

Continuing from Lamentations (3:24-24)..."I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him."The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him..."...there is a song we sing that follows these verses.

I was looking around at special objects I have on a shelf...more than a few are things Daddy sent when he was in Europe in WWII. He sent three clear blue vases from Paris..and he painted our initials on them (B for me and my next sister--baby sister was not here yet--and M for Mama--her name was Mary) He sent a huge crate once and these vases were in there and also a beautiful china bowl and five dinner plates he had found in the middle of war torn streets, sitting on a shelf of a former shop and he took these six pieces and sent them to us.I have told about the Ardenne Forrest painting a friend there in Belgium painted and sent to Mama and I have that. Also, a demi-Tass cup with a family crest that I think came from Scotland. I have a pencil box that some little boy let Daddy have (probably in return for chocolate) and he sent it to me. Daddy made a small doll size corner cupboard from packing crates, painted it red and blue and I have had it all these years, playing with it then and using it for collectibles these past 50+ years. He also made me a jewelry box and carved my initials in the top. As with all these things he made them with love and I have always treasured them. If Daddy was not doing his army job (he was in the post office) then he was always doing something for us, or writing poems and letters to Mama. Sometime, I will have to tell about his letters to Mama.

This has been a good day, I got lots done, but I have been tired today for some reason and back ache...wonder if the gall stone is moving around??Maybe I will have more energy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment