Monday, August 30, 2010

The Lord's great love...

I have talked to various family members(even cousins calling from out of state, as well as family here) and they all worry as I am trying to decide about the chemo. I am praying for wisdom from God and think maybe I should not try the patupalone "remake". It was so harsh last time and I do not have the reserves I had then. I still need to talk to my doctor...see what other possibilities he has for me.

I am constantly thinking of past happenings to put in this blog and leave for my family--things that they would not know. I have a monopoly board I received for Christmas when I was about 10. It is all there except the top lid. We have not played it in years--no one ever wants to play that!
I also have two books, one of poems from about 8 years old and one about "three little kittens" that I probably had at about 5-6 years old. I had my doll high chair until last year when I gave it to our 4 year old "great". That high chair no longer has the "apron" across the front. I have told about my cat Jerry. I would dress him in doll clothes and he would sit in that high chair. He would do anything I wanted him to do...boy ,he was patient! He would also allow himself to be dressed and rolled around in my doll buggy. I have a picture of him in that high chair.
At those ages, you want to be older, and the years do go fast , especially later on.

I have still had nausea, and take my zofran. I would think by now the chemo would have worn off and I would not have any side effects. Food still is not that good. My family is concerned by how "thin" I am.
Well I have another 6 days of no rat poison so I am enjoying this "freedom".

These verses from Lamentations are so wondrous---3:22-23, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassion's never fail. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness." I know this is why we can get up each day with renewed courage, energy and optimism. Please pray with us that the right chemo will be offered next Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkAugust 31, 2010 at 8:52 AM

    Our dear Sister,
    Oh Bev, the selfish side of me wants to try to convince you of what to do, but the loving and more Christ-like side of me says to support you and love you in whatever decision you make. We are praying; we are keeping a vigil till your decision is made that you will have the guidance you seek, the confidence you need, and the peace that passeth understanding. Whatever your decision is, it will become another guiding light for our faith in God's great love.
    Barbara and Alan

    ReplyDelete