Monday, August 16, 2010

"You will go out in joy..."

John and I went to visit his cousin who has moved to an assisted living home. She just got tired of trying to maintain her home. We laughed and talked about hers and John's grandparents. You know, when your cousins are gone you have no one to ask or talk about your family history. The second cousins only know what the older ones told them before they died. Anna who died in the spring was the last except for John on his dad's side. This cousin is one of the last on his mother's side and one of two we have contact with.
John (and this cousin) share the same grandfather and he had four wives,(they kept having babies and dying) so these two are really half first cousins. Two of the wives (and two sons who went to Texas) died of TB...we don't realize what a scourge that used to be. I doubt if they knew any of them had it until it was too late.
This is the part of the family that lived up and down the highway, close to each other.
I visited a family yesterday that has several generations who live close on farms and the children grew up running from home to the grandparents (like we all did). This life style sure does make good growing up for children.
Isaiah 55:12 says, "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; and mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
Today was pretty good and I was really busy...I am caught up on shop sewing and so I am sewing for us, making pillows for our apartment. I also need to do some grandchildren sewing..they keep placing "orders".....maybe next week. I go for labs tomorrow, and thinking aboaut the CT on Monday...I pray for the "trees to clap their hands"!

No comments:

Post a Comment