Thursday, August 26, 2010

Future glory...

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed to us...In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express..." Romans 8:18, 26.....not to compare mortal suffering with what the saints went through but this is comforting to consider that no matter what we go through, God is there and the Spirit is praying for us and THAT is definitely what is comforting!
I did not write last night because I was in intense pain from midnight Tuesday until bedtime Wednesday and the doctor sent me a pain killer and I finally got relief and slept and today has been fine. This is so weird, have no idea what the pain is..Hope it is the gall stone moving around! But whatever it is, it is a "10" on that little scale the doctor asks you about regarding pain!
A few more thoughts on our girl's trip---St Simon Island is quite historic, and Eugenia Price , a prolific writer did a trilogy about this island. Reading these three books then going there makes the island and its history really come alive. You see the houses where people lived then you read about them...you go to the cemetery and see the graves of those she writes about and you read about in history.
During the middle 1800's to the early 1900's the families who came to these island off the Georgia coast (Jekyll, St. Simon, Cumberland, etc..) possessed 1/5 of the world's wealth!!!This is hard to believe. They spent a month here, another "season" in New York, another in New England, then on to Palm Beach and where ever they wanted to go. They had cottages in some cases at these vacation spots but the ones up north were more elegant (several million dollar homes). We really had fun seeing what remains of this rich life style.
I have thought and pondered of what is next for me. I know I repeat some Bible verses but there are some that are so needed, like "the Spirit praying for us" and I don't know how to ask and what to pray for...God has so wondrously given me going on 7 years more of life and I am so grateful, so do I ask for more? I can only ask for His taking care of me and John and thank God for each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment