Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Praising God

"Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Blessed are those whose strength is in you..." Psalm 84:4-5
This a day of mixed feelings, of many blessings and some worrisome happenings. Our older friend I have told you about (a veteran who is in his 90's) has to use a walker now. That made me very sad! He is still such a vibrant personality, but life does take it's toll! Another friend has family problems of some sort. She is such an encourager to me, and I hope I can encourage her! I know there is very little sins not committed in our family and I will tell about some of them soon---no names!
(and I know we all sin every day, but these are MAJOR things, a long time ago)
Today was lab day, my red cells were very, very low and I got a "red cell shot" which should make me have more energy. The nurse thinks the vague pains are probably the gall stone moving around!
Now, my story for the day: We have a cherry sugar chest, which looks to be at least 150 years old, in fact an antique dealer once believed it was old! On one of our trips to Missouri about 20 years ago, visiting the cousins, Anna and both her grown "children" have/had cherry sugar chests. John and I were says how we had always wanted one. In five minutes she had us in the car, flying over the Missouri hills (as only she could drive) to a neighbor who made furniture. He had some old seasoned cherry wood, and yes, he could copy hers. So the next year when we went up to Missouri, the sugar chest was waiting for us. It has the lock and is totally authentic. (You know sugar used to be kept locked because it was so expensive--this was 200 years ago) We have loved this piece of furniture, for the circumstances, and for the look of it. When we had the B&B I kept my flour and sugar in the two sides and made my muffins and breads using this. Now I keep linens in it.
My friend tells me we will praise God especially next week when I have a great CT and the cancer is going away. I pray for that. But regardless, may I always praise and glorify our Father and Maker, who will give me the years He means for me to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment