Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Choose you this day whom you will serve..."

I think I have heard (my mind does not always get things just right) that in the book of Joshua ,in the Old Testament, that Joshua says more than any place else in the Bible "do not be afraid". He also says over and over to "be strong and courageous". We have been to the ruins of Jericho and to the Jordan River where they crossed over in the flood (that stopped for them). How exciting seeing how Joshua, with God's strength, takes over after Moses died.
Our nephew and his wife came to visit us and our daughter and son-in-law. He is the son of my sister who died and he and his wife live in Florida. Seeing him is like a little piece of my sister and it was so good to be with them and feel the family connection.
Today has been a good day; our great was here part of the day and that is always fun--to be with her. I am really wondering about more chemo. It is not that I don't want to live, but I am so tired of the side effects. Maybe another experimental would not be so harsh...I am not sure I can stand the repeat chemo. My mind just keeps going in circles. I want to be strong, and I know, really know, that God is in control of me and my life! I pray for clear direction and wisdom in deciding on a chemo.

Joshua 24:15 (part of this was on our kitchen wall at our other house and I am going to get it on this wall also) "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."
.

No comments:

Post a Comment