Thursday, August 5, 2010

"He put a new song in my mouth..."

I am so thankful for being well enough to pretty much do what I want to do...I went to art tonight and got not really sick, but not feeling very well so I stayed a while and came home. My back aches a lot and I wonder if the gall stone is moving around. I hate, hate this thinking about me all the time. I know this blog is all about having cancer and how it affects me, but wouldn't it be wonderful if all I had to do was tell about just what I am doing each day, being well, and I would have no followers and I would not really be very pleasing to God. I am convinced in my heart that He is letting me live to tell about this cancer and how He blesses me anyway. I know with each day in this blog, I can tell all about how I meet new people, how friends tell me my ability to do things is an inspiration, but, I still hate being "all about me". I always tended to be pretty reticent and kind of "came out" of my self as I got older, but I still would rather know about another one rather than me.
I have several friends with cancer, and God is blessing them so much. Gene (in Florida) is home and feeling better, long way to go but no cancer in the biopsy after the surgery. A friend in my Sunday school class has melanoma and she is improving and will not have to have further surgery. Two more friends/acquaintances with breast cancer are doing well and for this time, have no cancer. God is good. I would pray that I can be at that point again. I have been cancer free several times, but not recently so I pray for that blessing.
"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40: 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment