Friday, August 27, 2010

"..I pray to you, O Lord..."

Psalm 69:13 "But I pray to you, O Lord, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation."

Today was good until this afternoon, then the fever and nausea came back. I have not had chemo for 3 weeks but my body just still has after effects from the last one. I have had some precious comments from friends thinking of me and praying for me.

One of Grandma's sister's was renowned for her "boiled custard". Now this is not egg nog but the old fashioned cook- in- the -double- boiler- kind. I use the same recipe but make it in the microwave, cooking it about 2 minutes at a time and stirring well, for about 8 minutes or so. I usually double the recipe and use a large glass bowl. This is a single recipe

1 quart milk
4 eggs (can use egg beaters)
3/4 cup sugar
a pinch of salt

beat thoroughly, cook as above, when slightly thickened, add a little vanilla flavoring and chill

All the aunts put a little (vinegar) in theirs...most of the children in the family did not know what was in the "vinegar pitcher" until they were grown! This is wonderful with coconut cake!
Blessings to each

No comments:

Post a Comment