Sunday, August 22, 2010

"The earth is the Lord's,..."

"...and everything in it, the world, and all who dwell in it; for He founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters." Psalm 24:1-2...and we have seen the wonderful waters this week! Well I have had enough experiences, talking and things done to write about a long time. My sister, my daughter, her best friend and me...we flew to Jacksonville and rented a convertible, all put on our sunclasses and our head scarves (got to look the Thelma and Louise part!) and drove to St. Simon Island (Georgia) and stayed in the most fabulous B&B for three nights, nearly four days. It was the one year anniversary of my brother-in-law's death and my sister felt, we could be together and she could get through this tough first year anniversary . We ate wonderful sea food, took trolley tours of St Simon and drove to Jekyll Island and toured there. We had breakfast overlooking the water each day, rode bicycles (yes, I did also!) shopped, did I mention we ate? We played cards at night and just enjoyed being there talking about family things. This also happened to be the days our Johny died , 25 years ago today. We flew home today, and for some reason the security picked me to run through the new "picture machine" and do a pat-down on me! The security girl did not know what a colostomy is and did not know what the extra padding was on my abdomen! Another guard told her and she let me go! Not fun!
Health-wise, I did very well, had some more of those abdominal pains (gall stone?) but tylenol controlled this. I sure hope the CT tomorrow will show what this pain is caused by. I sure pray the chemo has cut back on the tumors.
Well lots to tell for the rest of this week--family memories sister and I remembered...more about where we went and above all, what the CT shows tomorrow! We also go to John's eye doctor, so lots going on this week. If nothing changed, I will also have next round of chemo Tuesday. We are praying extra prayers for all this stuff going on! God is close and He will take care of all this --just like it is supposed to be taken care of!!!Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to sit by the sea and sip cold drinks and enjoy time with your family. A well deserved trip.
    Prayers for the week.
    God is at work! So we are blessed indeed!!
    love kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the doctor could give you a card like they did us for knee replacement that would take care of clearing you when you go through those machines at the airport etc.

    Johnny & Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad y'all had a fun weekend!!! Missed reading your posts! Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara Johnson-ClarkAugust 23, 2010 at 1:30 AM

    Alan and I just prayed for you a while ago-hoping your trip was wonderful and about your CT-scan tomorrow (well today now I guess). The vacation sounds divine, and I'm so thankful Becky could go, too. What a blessing you two are to each other. I just know the CT-scan is going to show the absolute best results! We take what the Lord is prepared to give us, but I've known from your first treatment that this would be the one written up in medical journals! Please let us know the minute you can tomorrow. Give John a big old bear hug.
    Love you so much,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete