Friday, August 6, 2010

"One thing I ask of the Lord..."

This Psalm 27 is a song now and I cannot read it without singing the song.."One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the House of the Lord all the days of my life...." verse 4...
All my life I have loved chickens! Growing up I played in the hen house, even took my dolls out there..I never thought it was nasty but it must have been. We always put fresh straw under foot, but still??? Anyway, when John and I married, one of the first things we did was buy chickens and build a chicken house. When our daughter was in high school she was in Agriculture class, and Future Farmers and chickens was her project. One time a neighbor's dogs got into the chicken yard and killed some of them and traumatized them terribly...so we decided to just quit chickens and so we killed the rest and put them in the freezer. Those chickens were so traumatized from the dogs, the meat was too tough to hardly eat!We did not know that would happen!
When I first got cancer and they did my first CT (and subsequent ones) the doctor was very concerned and said "we don't know about these little "bb" things in your lungs"...I laughed and said oh that is just histoplasmosis from playing in the chicken house all my life!...since nothing ever came of the "bb"s the Doctor decided this must be what it is.
I have read that because of farming and the lay of the land in middle Tennessee, that lots of residents here have the same histoplasmosis.
This has been a good day, was with friends part of the day, and no nausea. I only have three more hopefully good days until chemo. Just when I feel good, it is time to start over again!This is when I hate it the worst! Praying for healing and blessings for all us cancer victims!

No comments:

Post a Comment