Friday, August 13, 2010

"He will rejoice over you with singing..."

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing..." Zephaniah 3:17 a verse I use often because I love the sound and idea of God taking care of us and "singing" over us!!
We were with family tonight and got to talking about "do you believe in ghosts". I never thought about this as I grew up but about 20 years ago, we were living in a house we build near the site of an OLD house. John and I noticed a "presence" occasionally passing through the hall way, not threatening, just something there. We would laugh about our "ghost", not really believing it. A friend came by one evening and asked where I was and before John could say, she said "Oh I see her upstairs" but I was not upstairs. As I came out of the kitchen my friend asked who was upstairs, I said that must be our ghost. This was strange, and I had never totally believed in such but it was something!
When John was about 14, he was milking the cows in his grandfather's barn and a man came in the barn, and went into a stall, but no one was there. Needless to say, John never milked after dark again if he could help it! Strange things can happen. Our grandson said he was helping repair an old 1840 house and the locked doors kept opening and closing.
I guess we will never know for sure about such as this.
Our "great" did not seem scared with the idea of ghosts, just thought it was funny.
Anyway, fun being with family, talking about strange things. This particular great started first grade this week, and has lost two teeth. I haven't heard if the "great" in Augusta has lost any more teeth.He will home school and be in first grade when they start next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment