Saturday, August 7, 2010

"The Lord said, "I will give you every see-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth..."

"...and every tree that has fruit with seeds in it. They will be yours for food." Genesis 1:29
Every one in our family (children, grandchildren) desire to have land and a garden. John and I grew up with parents who had gardens and also grandparents the same. We have always had one, with the gardens growing progressively smaller as we get older and have less family to feed. There seems to be an inherent need to get in the soil and see vegetables grow. At one time, when we had the B&B, we grew lots of fruit (about 5 kinds) and I made the preserves for a year for us and guests. When our children were small, Daddy gave us a large chest freezer and we grew and froze enough vegetables for the year. There is such satisfaction in having such produce and being blessed from your labor.
Before we had this apartment finished, John had his tiny garden started and now his green beans are showing the first beans, and his tomatoes are blooming. It is not much, but still the satisfaction of growing something. Our flowers are starting to flower and next years hopefully we will have lots of flowers and veggies.
I always have hope for next year--even with the cancer, I find it hard to believe I will get worse and get in bad shape and die. I guess the optimism is still there because I am not that "sick" enough to lose hope.Two more good days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment