Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"He put a new song in my mouth..."

I feel better than yesterday so apparently the Z Pac is working...I still am under the influence of the chemo and not "back to normal" whatever that is! We are hoping to do yard work tomorrow and maybe start moving some small things over to the apartment, I really need to feel good!

Another story about our camping days: A group of us had gone to Falls Creek, and were going up to the fire tower and climb up it, and had several vehicles full of all of us. Johny begged to ride in the open tail of the station waggon, and hang his feet off, with the big kids. We finally said, "OK, but you DO_NOT_MOVE!" he promised he would sit very still. So we drove up this long winging dusty road, and when we got there, he had not moved. Every inch of his body was covered with dust, even each eyelash! We laughed so hard---he really had not even blinked! We had such fun and he enjoyed all the camping tips so much.
The other trips Johny enjoyed were going to Florida, or to Texas when our oldest lived there. We got to go see where JR lived at Southfork and that was lots of fun.
On one trip, we had driven awhile and I said "do you think we should stop and eat or drive further? Then I said, "why don't we stop and eat..." Johny said "Good thinking, Mother"...he was so near normal, but just not there, but we had fun always.
We were blessed in his life and blessed in his being taken early, even though at the time, it was hard to see. But he did not have to grow old and get sick or anything like that, and we have not had to worry about "who will take care of him"
Psalm 40 :1-3 is a comfort..."I waited patiently for the Lord ; He turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock, and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."

No comments:

Post a Comment