Thursday, April 8, 2010

Praying for God's mercy

First of all,I apologise for the errors in writing yesterday...my brain/eye coordination is still not perfect. I don't see what my mind says, like using t for k or y for s, or just things like that. I still have to read slowly, and I was not a speed reader, but faster than average. I have to re-read even with the word-check on the computer, to see if I used the word I meant to use. Such is the aftermath of brain surgery!
Well today was a nine hour day, very tiring and slow for protocol, signing lots of papers, for the "free" chemo that some company is doing on this experimental idea,,,, checking urine sample, blood samples, accessing the port for the chemo, and my arm for the blood work. They cannot use the same place for blood drawing and for chemo. At one point, I thought (just for a second) "is this the rest of my life???doing this twice a week? forever??)...then I said to myself, "it is only two days a week and that leaves five days a week for being normal!" So I guess that is not a bad trade-off, to be alive...such is the reality of having cancer.
Tomorrow will be a shorter day, about four hours. On Day #1 of each four week cycle, they draw blood every 10 minutes, then 20 minutes, then 30 and so on, to see how my body uses the chemical, or what it does to me and that makes such a long day. Each day of each cycle is really two days (Thursday-Friday). After day #3, there is a week off. After two sets of cycles there is a CT to see if this is working. If is complicated, but there is method in their madness!!!
We are praying that God has sent just the correct chemo at just the correct time. I pray every time I write this blog, that someone will find comfort in that someone else is going through the same as I am or that it leads them to the grace of prayer for someone they know who has cancer. This is done in love and strength for God/s mercy.
I love Romans 8:26 and quote it more than once, for its promise and comfort.. "...The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.."

No comments:

Post a Comment