Friday, April 30, 2010

..."I lift up my soul..."

Today we gardened more, cleaning up our own gardens, clearing out some, as it seems no one wants to buy a house with lots of gardens! That is such a shame. I look at my pictures of all my flowers from last year and see how lush everything was, and now we have torn out half of all that, and turned it into grass. But if we can get moved, I will have flowers there.
As our grandchildren got older, they one-by-one dropped out of the month in Tennessee as they got jobs, or had sports or whatever when they got to be about 14 or 15. However, we had a very special trip with each one before he or she quit the summer vacation. When our oldest grandson was 14 and the next oldest grandson was 10, we took them with us to Israel, Egypt, Rome, Jordan, the Holy Land Trip with our preacher. Our daughter went also and we had a wonderful trip, never to be forgotten! We did so many memorable things, like a boat across the Sea of Galilee, crossing the Jordan River, riding a camel in Cairo, seeing the pyramids, standing on the hillside near Capernaum where Jesus delivered the sermon of the mount. We stopped for a devotional, near there and a small fisherman's boat came slowly by, almost exactly like the disciples would have been in, and we all just gasped, it was so "real"!
We were gone two weeks, and to this day, my most wonderful mental image is sitting on the "old Temple steps" and thinking, "Jesus walked right here!" This was indeed a time to never be forgotten and I know those two grandsons still hold those memories.
Psalm 25:1 says "To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God..."

No comments:

Post a Comment