Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"See I have engraved you..."

Isaiah 49:16 says, "See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands," and in 54:10 , God says to us,"...my unfailing love for you will not be shaken..."
I need this comfort after starting thru the "routine" again. I did the usual, urine sample (in this case a 24 hour sample") and the blood draw, heart EKG and I thought all was well for the experimental I was signed up for. I got home and the nurse called and said my urine test was not "good enough" to do that experimental chemo. I was upset at first and she said it's just that my kidneys are not "young" anymore... but there is nothing wrong, they just have a protocol so that one of the two test meds might damage kidneys if they are not young and perfect. I see this as God protecting me from some med that might be damaging to me. I will still be on the same second chemo of the test and it is a test trial by itself. They have lots of trials going on...lots of ideas hopeing for that wonderful cure! So as I went in the door (after 4 months away)... with lots of lounge chairs filled with people filled with hopes and prayers for a cure, some sleeping, some reading, most with a family member accompaning them, all with an IV running the hoped-for-cure into their veins. So here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment