Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord..."

Another difficult day, hard to breathe, slept a lot, but we did go to church this morning. I did ok as long as I walked slowly, so I could breathe. I am calling the doctor tomorrow and find out if I can get the shot one day this week. I never realized just how frightening it is to not be able to breathe deeply. You get a panicky feeling.
I have one more good story about grandma and grandpa. When they built their "dream home", it was just after their baby boy had died and Mama was about four years old. The house was a yellow brick, big front porch, (1916) and the brick posts with columns on the front porch. The doors inside had wonderful mirrors and woodwork. They built a "preacher's bedroom" upstairs for visiting preachers and evangelists. Grandpa was very involved with the evangelists of that era and there would be large tent meetings in town and some preachers would stay for a month or more. In fact, one stayed so long, Grandpa had to ask him to leave! Grandma had had all the company she could stand.
One day, Grandma found Mama (age 4) looking at herself in the mirror and saying "I just could not be any prettier!" This is the house they had to sell in the depression that came soon, and built the cedar slab cottage in the country that I have told you about , with the chickens, garden, etc.
Just more memories and family tales; also a heritage of grandparents who loved the Lord and gave of themselves for His work.
Well I hope and pray tomorrow will be a better breathing day, because this hard to breathe is very exhaustive. Meantime, I will continually "praise the Lord. Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty heavens...Let everything that has breath praise the Lord." Psalm 150: 1,8

No comments:

Post a Comment