Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"The Lord lives"

Well I am ready (sort of) for the second set of chemo for this round. I have had increased temperature nearly every day. I really hope this won't keep me from getting the treatment. I am getting nervous wondering if the chemo is working!I wish I did not wonder about this. I will have the usual blood draws, and about a five to eight hour day, both tomorrow and the next day. At church tonight everyone asks "how are you feeling?"..I really feel pretty normal, just a little nauseous, a little tired. I have been doing yard work, and sewing so I am not too badly incapacitated.
Two of my friends have fallen and each has broken her arm. As we get older, it is so hard to quit doing what we have always done and something like this is so unexpected. If any of my readers has cancer, do you feel really "up" one day and then think, "I won't live long" the next day? I am a normally optimistic person but these thoughts creep in, maybe because of the time I have been involved in this...going on six years. I want to be so totally dependent on God's word, His timing, His plan for me but I guess human nature just can creep in occasionally. Please pray I can stay positive and strong in faith.
Psalms 18:46 says, "The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!"

No comments:

Post a Comment