Monday, April 26, 2010

"Sing to the Lord a new song;"

This has been a tough time since Friday's chemo. I have gotten worse and worse, just KNEW it was no red cells. Well I was wrong. I went to the Dr today and had blood work, just knew they would give me a transfusion of platelets, but my red cells were actually up. An X Ray even though it showed no infection, there was an idea that I have a lung infection, so I am taking a Z Pac and I already feel better even after today's first two pills. They also think maybe I just cannot take this chemo. That it is too harsh on me. The Dr said most people tolerate it very well, but there are a few like me that their body just cannot do it. So if I don't really feel better by 2 days from now, we will re-think the transfusion. Otherwise, I have 10 days off and go back May 6, and we will talk about what is next. Probably a new drug, something that maybe my body can stand. In the meantime we may take a few weeks rest to re-coup. That would be very nice!!!
A few weeks of feeling normal would give us time to move maybe, since our apartment is nearly finished. We still have no house selling prospects but know God will provide when the time comes.
So back to bed, maybe tomorrow will be a better day!
Psalms 149:1, 4 says "Praise the Lord, Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise in the assembly of the saints....For the Lord takes delight in His people, He crowns the humble with salvation.."

No comments:

Post a Comment