Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy..."

Today was a very good work in the yard day, as we moved flowers over to Cathy's flower beds. Tomorrow we plan to start moving a few small pieces of furniture. I have decided I cannot go back on the chemo I have been on. It is so caustic to me. I hope my doctor does not think I am being a difficult patient, and I don't think he will. I just know when I cannot do something (I have felt this way several times) and I know I had rather die of cancer than of chemo!!! But I know he will find another drug that will maybe work better.
My granddaughter-in-law was describing a difficult cake she had made, (with 19 egg whites) and with three very young children, I am so impressed! It reminded me of the "bowl cake" I made once for a party.
I made this wonderful cake from Southern Living, for a Christmas party. I even used fat-free cream cheese to cut down on the calories! When I put the four layers together, it seemed rather soft so I put it in the refrigerator to "get hard". When I checked it an hour later, the entire cake slid out the door! I pushed it back in the refrigerator, slammed the door and thought, "what to do, what to do". I got a big bowl, opened the door again and the entire cake slid out into the bowl! I served it in fancy saucers, and called it my "bowl cake"...everyone loved it! I later found out, that fat free cream cheese will never get hard in an icing, so now I know. Of course, I never tried that cake again!
May we all, cancer or not, depend upon God to encourage us, give us hope and fill us with job. Romans 15:13 gives this encouragement..."May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment