Thursday, April 22, 2010

"they will become one flesh.."

Today was the long, dreaded day...I sat (mostly) in a lounge chair for eight hours. I said it was a 12 hour day, but there as only one blood draw after the first one, so it shortened the day some. Of course, I add two hours getting there and back, so it is a long day. I am having shortness of breath, caused the doctor thinks, by the steroids given at the first. I am nauseous, just don't feel good.
I went to art class for an hour and enjoyed that fellowship and even painted a little. Everyone there is like family and we are so close! There are about eight in our class, sometimes fill=in from another class.
I was questioned about my saying several nights ago that John asked me if I was ready to give up...He was saying this in the most honest, loving way, giving me permission to do what I felt like at any time. We have been totally open with each other about our physical ailments and maybe shortened life span. We both lovingly agree, that each of us has the right to stop treatment anytime, if it becomes too harsh, being a "killer" in itself.
By all means, I love life and want to live as long as I can, I love physical labor in the yard, love being with family, John and I have such a great life together even if I have some bad days; but if I ever reach the point that none of this is possible, chemo would not be of much use, I think.
So much for that sort of thing, just wanted to clear up that I HAVE NO DEATH WISH!
I am always, every day thankful for John and his support for me in every way. I am thankful God made this creation of man and wife and that we are bound together.
Genesis 2:24 says, "For this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh."

No comments:

Post a Comment