Monday, May 17, 2010

"Be joyful always..."

Well this morning, Cindy and I hit the floor running!She worked so hard and was an inspiration for me and kept me going all day. We almost got everything gone through and either packed to go with us, or set aside for the sale. The more we pack to go with us, I keep saying, "where is that going?" and John keeps saying "I will find a place for it"...I want to say, "Not in my closet!" The last downsize, we got rid of things that were nice but we could do without...this time we are getting rid of things that really mean alot and are really important! There is a big difference! I am putting things that were my family things, dishes, pitchers, linens, my collections over the years, things that I never thought about getting rid of! When these things go on the sale table, I will try to not even think about it. I will tell my self that we got to enjoy them all these years and we still have our memories. Of course, a bunch of stuff is going to the grandchildren and to our family. John and I had mothers who collected antiques back before "collecting was cool!"
I hope I can quit being a recluse after we move and that I won't have much housework to do and I can visit friends more...and always hope, do chemo less!!! I will have some gardening in Cathy and Ronnie's gardens but not as much as I have had here. John and I always have gardens no matter where we live and I hope we can have pretty gardens there also.
I felt pretty good today, did lots of lifting and carrying, had a little nausea, but still can tell a big difference in only having 1/2 dose!
I Thessalonians 5:16 tells us to "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment