Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Rejoice in the Lord..."

By 1999, again Mark was our only grandchild to go and we stayed in the Inn at Falls Creek, but did the usual, bikes, hikes, swimming, golf, and fishing (with a boat of course). John got to drive the boat half the time and all were happy!
The next year, we had acquired a new 11 year old granddaughter (by marriage) and along with more family, we had lots of games every night. We also had the usual hiking and swimming and fishing.

Now all the grandchildren are married and some have children (seven "greats" so far) and we wonder where the years went.
Now I am ignoring the "gorilla in the corner" and I am nervous about tomorrow. I KNOW I cannot just sit back and do nothing! After church tonight, care group members were saying how they are praying that the right decision will be made tomorrow. I pray God will give me the wisdom to listen to the doctor's guidance and make a choice that is wise and will give me more health and maybe cut the cancer back. If I can only get through the next three weeks (six treatments) then I will know if this has worked or not.Please God, guide me. Philippians 4:4 says "rejoice in the Lord always..." and in verse 19, it says "And my God will meet all your needs, according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." This last verse just jumped out at me, so I guess I needed that verse most of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment