Friday, May 14, 2010

Rejoice in the Lord

Today was a really busy, busy day. The inspectors came to look at our house and see if anything is wrong with it, and they only found one little thing to be repaired...for which we are so thankful. John and I have packed off and on all day...I have sewed off and on all day. I went for my day 2 chemo and it was not a long day, only gone about 4 hours, so that was not bad. I only slept 5 hours last night because of the Dexatron, the steroid to protect me from the chemo. That really hypes me up and I cannot sleep, so again tonight, I am still up and going at 10:30. I had some nausea this morning and took a zophran. I hate taking all this medicine.
I am through until next Thursday for the chemo and that is good.
A friend told me today that John and I are "brave" to leave our home and go to Cathy's ( same as giving up your home to go to a retirement center). We are the first of the friends our age to give up our home and do this. We have several friends who are late 80's and 90's who are living in retirement centers, and that is when I thought we would do this. But our health dictates this move and I really am looking at the positive side of it, and not being blue about the things we are giving up. I don't think we will lose much freedom. I think we will really enjoy being closer to family and will see our great-granddaughter more and that is good. And our apartment is just beautiful and that helps also.
God is so good to provide just what we need just when we need it---a place to live, the sale of our home, our children helping us ( our son and his wife are coming and she is staying next week to help) so that is also a blessing.
Psalm 32:11 says "Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment