Monday, May 24, 2010

The knowledge of the Lord

Another day of nausea...really weird feeling of discomfort in my chest, and shortness of breath...this chemo is doing such a "number" on me, I wonder if I can keep taking it...If it is working, I will do it and just suffer!!!
My sister came and helped today and we got most of my sewing room moved over to Cathy's. They have an extra bedroom we will sew in, me alot, and her on weekends. Our daughter and son-in-law are at their shop most days. My sister among several others also has a "workroom". Someone asked if I would quit sewing since I have cancer, and I said "not until they prize the machine from my cold , dead fingers!" Our family laughs at weird things!
I taught Cathy to sew when she was about 8 years old and I told her "you might need to know how to do this someday". Several magazines and papers who have featured Cathy and her shop/decorating ability, talk about this. We were not always "happy campers" and I would make her take out things not done right and she would cry. I had a new sewing machine that I was taking in sewing at that time (to pay for the machine) and when Cathy was mad once, she carved her name in my NEW machine! AH, the days gone by!!!All through these years God has provided and made a way for us...
In Isaiah, These words are part of the prophesy of Jesus, later to come---"for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea." Isaiah 11:9

2 comments:

  1. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

    Thinking and praying for your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're feeling worse. I didn't know Cathy wrote her name in your machine...

    ReplyDelete