Friday, May 7, 2010

"He gives showers of rain to men..."

Zechariah 10: 1..."Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime; It is the Lord who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone."

If you have seen the news you know the floods Nashville had last weekend. More rain is coming tonight, hopefully not much. Last week was 13-18 inches in two days and so many buildings, so much damage, irreplaceable public "possession" like Steinway pianos, our new looks-like-a-Greek-temple Symphony/music wonderful building! The Opryland Hotel first floor, the huge mall next to that hotel that is probably gone, the Opryhouse, irreplaceable musical instruments all over Nashville. ! They say this is a 1000 year flood (they come in quantities like that---10, 50, 100, 500, 1000)..
Then our friends who have lost much or all of their homes, furniture, clothes, just everything! Such tragedy, but the people here, the churches, the music community, is pulling together, having telethons, raising money, businesses giving free water to anyone going by, friends tearing out walls, doing all they can physically do to help. Churches are raising money to give to the Red Cross, or to their church members. We are, in short, being the church to all you need it, regardless of what church, or if someone don't even go to church... we are being Jesus to the community.

So we really do not require any more rain tonight, but I am sure God knows our needs, and He will give showers even if we think we don't need them.

I went to art class last night, sewed today, ran errands, felt so normal!!!The only, only thing---the back of your mind NEVER forgets the cancer! God I pray will give me whatever "showers" I need, at any time! I pray He gives each of you the needs you require!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bev,
    Kathryn here. This past week has been a "bugger". The British have a good word! I will have two neupogen shots (sun/mon) and a whole day with our daughter, Molly, on Mother's Day. I cannot think of a better way to start the week. I do not attend church. I attend onllne. I am looking forward to feeling better and being able to return in person.
    How are you. I am just now starting to read your story. Thank you so much for writing.
    Blessings to you and a very Happy, Blessed Mother's Day, kathryn

    ReplyDelete